EnglishOrange Coast College
All available course dates
Students graduating with an Associate in Arts in English for Transfer Degree are well positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the English AA-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
The English program provides a core curriculum that instills critical thinking tools (including literary theories and terminology) for both practicing and studying writing, knowledge of historical and aesthetic contexts, and appreciation of geographic and cultural diversity. This background serves all English majors whether their emphasis at the CSU level will ultimately be the study of literature, rhetoric and non-fiction writing, or creative writing. The English program recognizes that all these areas of the major inform one another.
All the required courses in the program foster strong writing skills and are crucial in developing the proficiency and knowledge necessary for students who will ultimately use the major for teaching at the K-12 or community college level, literary scholarship at the graduate level, entering the legal professions, for creative writing, or for non-fiction essay writing in literary, business, and scientific journals.
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
- For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Beasiswa & pendanaan
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees
Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Permintaan informasi - kewajiban gratis
Orange Coast College
Orange Coast College
Orange Coast College (OCC) is a 2-year community college located in Costa Mesa, California minutes from Disneyland Resort and California's most popular beaches. As a community college, OCC is accessible offering low-cost tuition and flexible admissions for programs leading to...
Ingin tahu lebih banyak tentang English? Isi form berikut dan kami akan lulus rincian Anda ke perwakilan dari sekolah, yang akan merespon pertanyaan Anda.
Tidak ada ulasan tersedia.